Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ain't it always the way?

I got so annoyed by the school meeting last night, I kept Ben at home today. :)

At 2am he came in with a "nasty cough", otherwise known as croup. He wasn't so bad that he needed adrenaline, but despite having TWO steroids in the cupboard, I only had the dosage for Charlie, so off to the hospital we went. They gave him the Prednisone and we went down to paeds. We had a "dose 'em up, send 'em home" doctor, which, as it happens, suited me nicely. We were sent home about 4am. Ben was a little better, but not entirely well yet. As we walked out the door the thunderstorm started and I had to carry my >22kg 5 yr old to the car.

Of course, by the time we got home, the steroids had kicked in nicely and Ben was wide awake. I take back everything I have ever said about the insanity of Nick Jr running all night. I set him up on the lounge with his pillow and a blanket and he was happy for me to go to bed. I checked on him an hour later, since I wasn't really sleeping. By that stage he was really looking clearly better so I went back to sleep and really slept. The next time I saw daylight was 7:45am and by then Ben had made himself breakfast. I love independence!

Right now he is playing Crash Team Racing with his father looking very well indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment