Thursday, March 13, 2008

One of those days...

The day started well. I got up on time, had a shower, did the quick clean of the bathroom and managed to throw some clothes on before having to feed the baby. Made porridge for all, remembered to give the baby breakfast (apple and rice cereal). After that it all started to go to pot. I don't really know why.

By the time I got out the door, I was stressed and it was later than I was hoping for. I was going to Campbelltown (just over half an hour away in good traffic) for the day and I needed to exchange something at a shopping centre, take the baby to the doctor and get my hair cut/coloured. Because I was late, I didn't have time to go to the shopping centre first, so I ended up killing some time at Grandma's shop. I then headed off to the doctors, only to discover that in the chaos, I had left my wallet at home.

I rang home and got the Medicare number and doctor accepted that. Then the doctor informed me that the baby couldn't be healthier - but for that cough she's had for two weeks. The right answer, but it just meant I needn't have gone.

So then it's feed the baby again and rush off to the hairdresser, where I discover that they made a mistake and had booked me in for tomorrow. Apparently my face was quite clear on the subject of coming back tomorrow, and they fitted my in. The only problem was that this meant the entire exercise took 3hrs rather than 2.

So then it's feed the baby again and rush off to the shopping centre. That all goes well. I get back in the car and head home, leaving myself 45 minutes for a half hour trip. Yeah right. 45 minutes later I have travelled about 5km. Total trip about an hour and a half. Did I mention that Elissa screamed all the way through the traffic jam, and Charlie tried to talk to me the whole time too?

Why would anyone want to work full time?

1 comment:

  1. Time in the car with grumpy babies is THE WORST. I feel for you!

    -radical mama

    ReplyDelete