Saturday, April 26, 2008

Charlie truth modifier

More unfinished posts - this one from 6 months ago!

Charlie is never wrong. Never. Of course, at 2, nearly 3, this philosophy can be a little limiting at times. So Charlie has developed a solution to it. I call it the Charlie truth modifier. Tonight's example was the gravy for dinner which was in a coffee cup. Charlie said "I want some, coffee." I explained that it isn't coffee, it's gravy. Charlie said "It's coffee." I said, "It's gravy." Charlie said "Yeah, it's gravy coffee."

Other such truth modifiers include "four wheel drive truck", "tiger bear", "kite balloon" and "hail snow"

I am posting it, because he still does this at 3 and a half and I still think it's funny.

It's also related to our current problem. Charlie doesn't want to eat dinner. Ever. Regardless of what it is. And since Charlie is never wrong, he can't change his mind. A few days ago, he clearly decided dinner looked good, so he said he didn't want dinner, he wanted lunch. Since then he has been eating lunch at 6pm with the rest of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment