Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hello subconscious, what are you playing at?

Over the last month or two, apart from the normal array of horror flicks and random nonsense, there has been a recurring theme in my dreams. I am not a person who has predictive dreams* (and a good thing too, given how often I get shot dead in them), so this is either a weird statistical anomaly or my subconscious is trying to tell me something. I just can't imagine what.

In an amazing assortment of dreams recently (happy, nightmare, bland, you name it) I have had an extra child. Not another baby, a girl, older than Elissa and definitely not my biological offspring. She is someone I have permanent custody of for reasons unknown.

I'm pretty sure I don't have a latent desire to raise some random child, I definitely don't want four of them. I am baffled.


*With the (possibly coincidental) exception of a single dream in each pregnancy telling me the sex of the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment