Friday, September 12, 2008

The problem with the blogosphere...

...is the complete lack of credibility of a story that starts with "The aunt of a person who commented on a blog I read used to tell a story...".

Perhaps I could tell this story as an urban legend. After all, that's about how it's going to be received anyway.
...at a local retail store, and in the staff lounge, management had posted a notice saying, “It is against company policy to discuss salaries.” And someone else (presumably an employee) had written below it, “I’d prohibit it too if I paid what you do!”

I have always been bemused that employees buy into the secret squirrels about salary payments. I don't get why employees voluntarily support a system that clearly allows their exploitation. I like this little story, despite its highly dubious credentials.

No comments:

Post a Comment