Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all and to all a goodnight

After total chaos for a week, complete exhaustion just barely kept at bay, it looked like it was all going to come together ok. At 6pm, I was mostly organised. The last of the stockings to stuff, the presents to arrange under the tree and the spuds to peel. That was it. Best effort ever.

Then Crash decided to get a jump on things tomorrow and clean up the barbecue ready for some serious turkey cooking. Great plan. Sadly, the new, safer drip tray caught fire, in turn burning through the gas pipe in two places and setting it alight. Now I know why Crash bought those fire extinguishers.

So Crash spent the next two hours cannibalising one of our heaters, his keg gear and raiding his dearly departed father's tools and bits and pieces and rebuilding the sorry mess that his barbecue had become. To his unending credit, it worked, and the barbecue is once again functional.

So now I just need to drag the pressies down to the tree. After I finish this glass of bubbly.

I hope everyone has a magnificent Christmas, however you choose to spend it. May Santa spoil you rotten.

3 comments:

  1. Ye gods!

    Have a wonderful day tomorrow, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!

    And why does your post say my post links to yours??

    This keeps happening to me. It's very odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dina. And I have no idea why my post says you link to me. It's just a widget I put in, I confess I have no idea how it works...

    Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete