Friday, February 27, 2009

My kids

Things I love about my kids right now:
  • The way Elissa (after being put to bed) listens for me to finish with the boys and then screams the moment I set foot on the stairs. I go in, she has a cuddle and immediately lays down to sleep.
  • Elissa's evil, evil laugh.
  • Charlie's transformation from toddler to pre-schooler. He looks like one, and more and more he is acting like one.
  • Charlie's complete inability to maintain the rage when presented with anything remotely amusing.
  • Ben's blossoming ability to read. Watching it all come together for him (although he's not there yet) is just awesome.
  • Ben's increasing self-confidence. He'll have a go at most things now. He'll listen to advice and even criticism (sometimes) without a meltdown. I can see him actively engaging in learning how to be a social being, and I love it.
Things I could do without in my kids right now:
  • Elissa's 0-screeching in 1.7 seconds temper. That child has way too many opinions for my own good.
  • The fact that 90% of Charlie's conversations end in poo.
  • The strange contrast that while Charlie can't seem to wrench his attention away from poo, Ben can't seem to remember he did one long enough to wipe and flush.

2 comments:

  1. Conversations ending in poo are something that completely crack me up about kids. To each her own, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly like it too, it's just that it is SO MUCH of his conversation. After you have been called poo for the 378th time today, it gets a little old.

    Having said that, I rather like the version of our national anthem in which "our home is girt by poo".

    ReplyDelete