Monday, August 20, 2012

Cinnamon, berry & white chocolate muffins

Yesterday, I tweeted this:
Making cinnamon, berry & white chocolate muffins. I mention this only to taunt you.
Because I'm a bitch. In case I hadn't taunted people enough, I also tweeted this:

Photo on 2012-08-19 at 15:07.jpg

@captainpurr, presumably fed up with my taunts, asked for the recipe. It was based on a commercially produced recipe, but muffins are muffins, and I changed it anyway, so I'm deciding publishing it is ok.

2 cups plain flour
3/4 tsp soda bicarb
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oil
80g melted butter
heaping cup of frozen berries
1 cup of white chocolate melts or bits or whatever

Mix the flour, soda bicarb, salt & cinnamon in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs and vanilla until they are pale and add the oil & butter and mix well. Pour the wet stuff into the dry stuff and mix together. Add the berries & the chocolate and mix together. Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 200oC for 20-22mins. 

And to give credit where it's due, my inspiration and base recipe came from Baking bible, which has so many permutations of muffins, cakes, slices & biscuits that it's hard to imagine you not finding something close to what you want to bake there, to modify as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment